* bonus tip - Do you want to know how you can take a great thing and make it 1000% better?! (I'm talking fresh sheets, people!)
11. Pillow Spray - Go out and get yourself a tiny bottle of this stuff, it's about $10 bucks, or make your own, but the next time you change your sheets spray a little between the top and fitted and again on your pillows and I guarantee when you crawl into bed that night you'll think you've died and gone to heaven!
And because it might be hard for some to see what's stopping you from having that calm, serene oasis I thought it might be helpful to include a small list of what to keep out of your bedroom.
1. Television - I'm confident enough today to say I used to be one of those people who "thought" I needed the TV on to fall asleep, but ya know what? It's just not true. It's a nasty added distraction that keeps you up way later than you should be. I challenge you to remove it from your bedrooms for a month and see if you miss it! Read a book, talk to your bedmate, sing a song for crying out loud, just get rid of it!
2. Desk / Work Space / Computer - I'll be a little more lenient with this, mostly because Pintrest, but honestly work has no business being a part of your "happy place" and I'm someone who loves what I do for a living! Unless you're putting pen to paper and writing actual letters to loved ones, I say keep desks and work stuff out of the bedroom.
3. Exercise Equipment - I've seen it all. Treadmills and gym equipment should not be in the same room where you lay your head down at night. Pee-yew!
4. Food - Pretty self explanatory, but try and keep the midnight snacks in the kitchen.
5. Clutter - Look around, if there is anything in there that doesn't bring you 100% happiness and joy move it to another room. Your bedroom is a space to clear your mind and recharge, how can you do that when you have piles upon piles of nonsense stacked up against the walls.
I hope this helps, just remember your bedroom is an oasis, a place to rest your feet and an escape from the day. And if you have any suggestions of topics or need help with rooms in your home please let me know in the comments, I'm always listening!